Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Virginia Democratic Primary- My Choice

For what it's worth (about 2 cents...Blue Book value):

I've made up my mind on who I'm voting for in this year's Democratic Primary. I'm going with James Webb (all five of you reading this post...this is the persuasion effort). The reasons have been said more eloquently on other blogs but my main reason is I want to be pragmatic and have a shot at winning this seat in November. I believe Mr. Webb gives us the best chance. I'm not as convinced with Harris Miller.

Mr. Miller screams Washington insider. That's not going to win this year. With the "culture of corruption" theme being trumpeted by national Democrats, it strikes me as odd to put a candidate out there who is a lobbyist. Mr. Miller is a fine Democrat and if he ends up winning, I have no problem supporting his candidacy. But in this instance I cannot when there is another viable option out there.

Mr. Webb has a chance to pick off independent and moderate Republicans while keeping conservative Democrats in the fold. That will win the election this year.

I'm out to convince my mother who just moved here from Florida to vote for Mr. Webb. I think I made some inroads last night.

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory