Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It's been a month...where have I been?



Well it's my first post in over a month but I feel I'm ready for it. So where have I been over the last month?

Well...I went to Deleware to visit my dad and to see one of my favorite bands Carbon Leaf. This is my first time using images so I'm sorry if they are screwed up somewhere in the text.

I've been helping Del. Steve Shannon's campaign off and on the last few weeks. He's been an effective delegate for the last two years and is well liked by his constituents. There's no doubt in my mind that we're going to get him elected again.

I also did a little training for my local education association, the FEA. I'm trying to double membership in my school this year as one of the building representatives. I spent three days in Richmond with teachers from all around the state. It actually gave me insight on the disparities between the pay and funding given to smaller school systems. To me, it highlighted the absurdity of No Child Left Behind. But that's another blog for another day.

I also just got back from a trip to San Francisco where the Young Democrats of America just had their conference. I will write more about this later. Let me say that my first conference was a memorable one. There was high drama during the election of officers. Like I said, I'll write more later and I will include other blogs where I found some interesting insight on the convention.

Hope all is well with everyone...and I hope you continue to read.

Kevin

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory