Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sports and Politics do not mix!

I really dislike this article .

I know Washington is a political town and in time anything becomes partisan but for crying out loud baseball has only been here for FIVE MONTHS!!!!! Five months and we're already making baseball a political issue.

"W", should stand for "Washington" and nothing else. Sports are non-partisan and should always be treated as such. It brings people together from all walks of life. I might disagree with someone politically off the field or outside the stadium but I know that when we are inside we are together as a city! In Washington, Republicans and Democrats can both cheer against the Braves in baseball and root like hell against the Eagles if we're watching football.

This by way doesn't mean that I don't support anyone who is partisan in the ownership process. It can be Colin Powell or George Soros and I would be happy with either one. Just as long as politics are kept off the playing field, I will be satisfied.

By the way, there is no escaping the initial issue even if you switch to "DC"...It's going to be construed as your support for Dick Cheney! Ahhhhhhh!

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory