Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Friday, March 17, 2006

What you don't say as a lobbyist

I know this is Virginia but I saw this item the other day in the Metro section about the Maryland Assembly session:

"Gutierrez (D-Montgomery) had been grilling lobbyist Joseph A. Schwartz III on why his client, the association of doctors known as Med Chi, was not doing more to ask the insurance company Medical Mutual to alleviate the malpractice rate problem.

Schwartz fired back, "I know it's popular to make Med Mutual the piƱata of your Mexican party."

The words hung in the air for a beat. One member of the committee shook his head and said, "Ouch." Then an outraged Gutierrez stormed out of the committee room, with a sheepish Schwartz chasing after her."


I campaigned in the 18th District when Del. Gutierrez was running for office in 2002. She is a lovely woman who wants to serve her constituents. I hope Mr. Schwartz was just saying this in the heat of the moment.

Source: The Washington Post

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory