Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Friday, July 11, 2008

Not good Colonial Beach...

The school system where I went to high school is under investigation.

"Audit figures for the past five years show that the board spent $469,000 more than it received in revenues."

First of all, it doesn't mean anything that they spent more than they received in revenues...after all it's the American way. But that $469,000 could have gone to so many needs in the town. CB could have paid for higher grade sand on the beach. They could have saved the money for when the next tropical storm comes and knocks out the pier. They could have built a golf cart store (if you've been to CB, you know what I mean).

The new school board should go clean house and make me proud as an alumnus! I might go back for another reunion...

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory