Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Falwell Dead!!!! Updated

Rev. Jerry Falwell is dead...He made an impact with the Moral Majority that changed politics for the last 20 years...More conservatives are involved in politics from him...I didn't really like the man but that doesn't make me heartless...RIP.

Update:

You know what...I forgot some quotes. I wanted to be nice but when CNN compares this to Virginia Tech because of the upcoming graduation, I've got to put my foot down. Look, the man said these things below. There's no justification for them in my mind. Sorry.

Jerry's Greatest Hits:

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way—all of them who have tried to secularize America—I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" (September 14th, 2001)

He later said he was sorry for the quote. But I just heard in an interview on CNN that took place a week ago with Falwell saying he meant what he said. Sorry...that's underhanded and slimy to recant something that obviously hurt other Americans.

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers . . . AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals." (circa 1991)

"Jimmy Carter's "message of peace and reconciliation under almost all circumstances is simply incompatible with Christian teachings as I interpret them. This 'turn the other cheek' business is all well and good but it's not what Jesus fought and died for. What we need to do is take the battle to the Muslim heathens and do unto them before they do unto us."


In a radio interview on March 4, 2002, Falwell said of former President Jimmy Carter
From Wikiquote

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory