Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Four truths and a lie...

So with all of this April foolery going around, I decided to do something a little different. I will list four truths and one lie about myself. If you want to play along, take a guess in the comment section on which one is the lie.

1. In the "my inspiration" portion of my senior yearbook, I stated that Pauley Shore was mine. I was also voted first person to become married.

2. I have done stand-up comedy before. My first stand-up appearance was in front of an all black audience and I had the crowd rolling with my Jennifer Lopez impersonation.

3. I came into politics on accident. I was undecided at Mary Washington which major I wanted. It came down to History, Political Science, and English. I "eenie, meenie, minnie, moed" my selection and picked Political Science. I have been in love with politics ever since.

4. I own an extensive collection of Beatles, Nirvana, and Radiohead collectibles. My two favorite items are an original copy of the White album and a pick used by Kurt Cobain.

5. When I was a sports writer for the Mary Washington College Bullet, I interviewed an opposing coach while he peed at a urinal. He told me that if I wanted a quote, that's where the interview was taking place. It did and I got all of it on tape.

Can you guess which one is not me?

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory