Tom Joad's Place

Welcome to Tom Joad's Place! Join me for political discussion and banter on important national subjects and VA politics. I've also noticed that there are a lot of people looking for information on "Grapes of Wrath". Look for the sidebar and we'll discuss. Contact Kevin, at applejackking@hotmail.com

Name:
Location: Fairfax, Virginia, United States

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Gonzales Lies: Americans Yawn

So it turns out that Attorney General Alberto Gonzales did know about the firings of eight prosecutors. Is anyone surprised or shocked? Here's my favorite part of the story:

"The five-step plan approved by Gonzales involved notifying Republican home-state senators of the impending dismissals, preparing for potential political upheaval, naming replacements and submitting them to the Senate for confirmation."

But wait a second, a few days ago Gonzales said this:

"'I knew my chief of staff was involved in the process of determining who were the weak performers — where were the districts around the country where we could do better for the people in that district, and that’s what I knew,' Gonzales said last week. 'But that is in essence what I knew about the process; was not involved in seeing any memos, was not involved in any discussions about what was going on. That’s basically what I knew as the attorney general.'"

He's so gone. But then again people in the Bush administration have lied before and nothing happened to them...ahem Condi...So I don't expect Bush to fire Gonzales or have him resign. All right, you may continue watching Maury Povich and Divorce Court repeats.

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory